LET US NEVER FORGET THEM..

LET US NEVER FORGET THEM..











Wednesday, November 11, 2009

THANK YOU TO ALL THE MOM AND DADS FOR YOUR SACRIFICES TOO...BRAVE WARRIORS ALL..

It is with great respect admiration and deep understanding that I write this letter to honor each and every Veteran that has served or is serving our great Country! I understand and appreciate all who have given so much for me so that I could enjoy my daily freedoms.

I was able to sleep well in the safety of my bed last night, practice whatever faith I choose, and freely speak my mind without fear of retribution, all because you served and fought to preserve the freedoms that our forefathers fought for.

To each one of you I speak from the bottom of my heart when I say Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

You are my Heroes and I want to remember and honor you this Veteran’s Day. Not a single day goes by that I don't think of the sacrifices you and your families have given!

My son Marc Alan Lee was laid to rest on August 2nd, 2006. I also remember him today as I do every day and the sacrifice he made. Thank you son! His headstone says "Loved deeply, Deeply loved." The love doesn't go any deeper than that! He loved deeply! He loved his brothers he served with, he loved me, he loved his family, he loved this nation, he loved his freedoms, he loved God, and he gave. He gave it all! "Greater love has no one than this than he laid down his life for his friends." (John 15:13) That's what a hero does. They are willing to give their lives for others if it's required.

I also think of my son Kris who served in the Marines, my son-in-law Christopher who served in the Army and my brother Jim who is serving in the Air Force! Thank you!

There are many troops out there who are still serving, as my sons Marc and Kris did. Pray for them today, pray that they can complete their mission and come home safely.

Sponsor a care package from Move America Forward today to show our veterans who are still fighting that we honor them just as much as we honor all of our veterans from the revolution to the first gulf war. Click here to sponsor one now

Each one of you have deeply loved this country, you were willing to give your life to defend it. Many have bled for America, or known family, friends, or brothers in arms who paid the ultimate sacrifice just like my soon Marc. Thank you!

I have traveled around this country, to Iraq and Gitmo speaking out in support of you, thanking and honoring you "Our defenders of freedom." I have been blessed to meet many of you and your families, and have been so deeply touched by your stories and your sacrificial service to this nation. I don't take for granted our freedom, which isn’t' free, it comes at a cost and you willingly paid that for me.

So please remember this Veterans Day that I am your biggest fan and that you are deeply appreciated and loved.

I am attaching Marc's last letter home that we have called his "Glory" letter. You will be inspired and moved. He challenges us to do random acts of kindness and I would ask you, in his memory, to honor our Vets today by picking up the check for their meal, coffee, giving them a hug or whatever you can. Be as generous as you can. It's a small token of our appreciation for all they have sacrificed. Click Here to Read Marc's Letter

Don't forget those who are deployed. Send a care package, remember the families of the fallen who gave it all and share your gratitude and love with them.




Thank you and Happy Veterans Day!
From a grateful Gold Star Mom and Proud American,

Debbie Lee


No comments: